The vision for Greater Sydney as a metropolis of three cities - the Western Parkland City, the Central River City and the Eastern Harbour City and a 30-minute city - means residents in the Central City District will have quicker and easier access to a wider range of jobs, housing types and activities as part of the transformation of their District. The vision will improve the District's lifestyle and environmental assets.
This will be achieved by:
- Developing the economy with jobs and skills growth from unprecedented city-scale infrastructure investments
- Supporting cohesive and socially dynamic communities with new social infrastructure like schools and community services, new cultural and sporting facilities
- Establishing transport connections north, south, east and west from Parramatta to optimise Greater Parramatta's location in the centre of Greater Sydney
- Transforming Westmead health and education precinct to an innovation district with greater diversity of knowledge-intensive jobs
- Retaining industrial and urban services land and creating new skills with a 21st century clean-tech and advanced manufacturing cluster around precincts such as Camellia, Rydalmere, Silverwater and Auburn
- Linking parks, bushland, playgrounds and waterways through the Greater Sydney Green Grid with enhanced opportunities for safe walking and cycling paths
- Enhancing the quality of, and access to, waterways such as Parramatta River, Duck River and South Creek.